Hi dear friends,
I write to tell you this for one reason only; God's grace has been given so evidently and I know so many of you have been large contributors in prayer with me in this and I simply long to show His glory. Well, I do every day, but more on that later. So I just got home from a little trip to find a letter. It's one of those "change your life" letters and in it, in two simple sentences, the hospital where I had my surgery told me that they have "adjusted my bill to zero" and I owe them nothing. I feel speechless for much words except to say that I am praising the Lord with so much joy tonight. I did not deserve this. I owed my fair share, but my slate has been completely erased and I cannot but think of how this fits into the greater gospel story.
So thank you all so so much for all your prayers and encouragement. I absolutely could not have made it through this alone and I'm amazed at how this year has ended so well. I cannot lie and say that only a few months ago just about everything in life was looking pretty dim. I had no school, no job, no health insurance and my health was degrading quickly. But by God's sufficient grace I sustained an added 6 month health insurance policy, got into an incredible nursing program, and found a great surgeon who has fixed my neck and left me in better condition than I've been in a long time. Some have suggested I could have had much reason for a lot of deserved self-pity recently, but I cannot begin to see with such eyes when I have been given so much. I am so grateful for the faith God's granted me to trust His goodness, dark days or bright.
I do continue to ask you to continue to pray for complete healing of my nerve function, my transition to Duke and even the dealings I have to figure out with the smaller bills still coming in. But in all of this too, I am fully confident that He will continue to show His glory, good health or not, debt or none.
Love Julie
I love this Jules, and yes, this Montana man had tears of who knows what, reading that. I am amazed and inspired by the woman you have become. Life really is crazy. Miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteJules, God is so good! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us! We continue to pray for you and all that you are doing! Hugs! Mr. and Mrs. B :)
ReplyDeleteI got goosebumps reading this! I'm so happy for you!! Miss you and thanks for the update. Take care!
ReplyDeleteWOW Jules! How wonderful! Praising God with you and still praying. I love you to pieces, deb
ReplyDelete