As I wait for the sun to rise on this morning, I'm admittedly both a little anxious but profoundly at peace. I can't even imagine what people go through who have multiple surgeries with higher risks than this all the time. But the only thing that gives me peace this early morning is to remember the Lord's promises and His faithfulness thus far. He has been so good. I guess you could say God's sovereignty has a whole new perspective for me this morning. This day has been 10 years in the waiting and as I reflect on that journey, I could never have orchestrated it like He has. It's been wonderful. The road has definitely been pretty hard and for a long time I couldn't grasp God's goodness. But today my faith can cling to His promises and trust His love.
So as you pray today, please thank Him for his goodness and ask Him for His mercy. I already feel completely surrounded with love from all over the world, and so I pray this morning with so many, a great cloud of witnesses, ready to face the day.
Surgery is scheduled for 11am, eastern time. I can't wait to tell you how much better I feel after this is all over!!
May the peace of Christ be with you all today!
Thinking of you!!!
ReplyDelete